Resetting & Replacement
Circuit breakers are automatically resetting. No attention is necessary in the event of activation.
A circuit breaker, if defective, is replaced exactly like a fuse.
- On air bag-e quipped vehicles, disconnect the battery negative cable(s) and wait two minutes from the air bag capacitor to discharge.
- Locate the correct circuit breaker in the junction block.
- Pull the circuit breaker out slightly, but leave the circuit breaker terminals connected to the terminals in the junction block cavity.
- Connect the negative lead of a 12-volt DC voltmeter to a good ground.
- With the voltmeter's positive lead, check both exposed circuit breaker terminals for voltage.
- If only one terminal has voltage, the breaker must be replaced.
- If neither terminal has voltage, the problem may lie in the circuit or the PDC.