Removal & Installation
- Disconnect both negative battery cables from both batteries. Cover and isolate ends of cables.
- Thoroughly clean fuel lines at both ends.
- If removing fuel line at either #1 or #2 cylinder, the intake manifold air heater elements must first be removed from top of intake manifold.
- If removing fuel line at #6 cylinder, a bracket is located above fuel line connection at cylinder head. Two bolts secure this bracket to rear of cylinder head. The upper bolt hole is slotted. Loosen (but do not remove) these 2 bracket bolts. Tilt bracket down to gain access to #6 fuel line connection.
- Remove engine lift bracket (if necessary).
- Remove necessary insulated fuel line support clamps and bracket bolts at intake manifold. DO NOT remove insulators from fuel lines.
Place shop towels around fuel lines at fuel rail and injectors. If possible, do not allow fuel to drip down side of engine.
WARNINGWhen loosening or tightening high-pressure lines attached to a separate fitting , use a back-up wrench on fitting. Do not allow fitting to rotate. Damage to both fuel line and fitting will result.
- Carefully remove each fuel line from engine. Note position of each while removing. Do not bend lines while removing.
- Tighten fuel lines at high pressure injector connector. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- Position fuel line support clamp(s) to fuel line(s). Install clamp nuts/bolts and tighten finger-tight.
- Position proper fuel line to proper injector on engine. Tighten fittings hand tight at both ends of line.
- Tighten fuel lines at fuel rail. Refer to Torque Specifications. ***ADD TORQUE SPECS TO PROCEDURE**
- Tighten clamp/support nuts and bolts. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- Install engine lifting bracket and bolt. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- If fuel line at either #1 or #2 cylinder has been replaced, install intake manifold air heater elements to top of intake manifold.
- If fuel line at #6 cylinder has been replaced, tilt metal bracket upward and tighten 2 bolts at rear of cylinder head. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- Install remaining fuel line support clamps and bracket bolts at intake manifold. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- Connect both negative battery cables to both batteries.
- Prime fuel system. Refer to Fuel System Priming.
- Check lines/fittings for leaks.