This procedure applies only to diesel-engine models
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Use anti-seize compound on the turbocharger mounting studs.
Install or connect the following:
Turbocharger. Tighten the nuts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Disconnect the battery negative cables.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the turbocharger elbow.
- Disconnect the air inlet hose.
- Disconnect the oil supply line and oil drain tube.
- Disconnect the charge air cooler inlet pipe.
- Remove the nuts and remove the turbocharger from the exhaust manifold.
- Cover the opening to prevent entry of foreign matter.
- Apply anti-seize compound to the mounting studs. Tighten the nuts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Tighten the oil drain tube to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Pour 2-3 oz. (50-60 cc) of clean engine oil into the oil supply line fitting. Carefully rotate the impeller by hand to distribute the oil.
- Tighten the oil supply line fitting nut to 11 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Tighten hose clamps to 95 inch lbs. (11 Nm). Tighten exhaust pipe bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).