- The hood should be aligned to 0.2 in. (5 mm) gap to the front fenders and flush across the top surfaces of the fenders.
- Loosen mounting hardware and position hood as needed to achieve the alignment.
Removal & Installation
- Open the hood.
- Disconnect the underhood lamp wire connector, if fitted.
- Disconnect the air temperature sensor wire connector, if fitted.
- Mark all nut and hinge attachment locations with a grease pencil or other suitable marker to provide reference marks for installation.
- Remove the nuts attaching the hood to the hinge and loosen the bottom nuts until they can be removed by hand.
- With the assistance of a helper at the other side of the vehicle to support the hood, remove the bottom nuts.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Position the hood on the vehicle. Install the bottom nuts.
- Align all marks, and then install the top nuts and tighten the bottom nuts.
- Connect all applicable wiring.
- Check alignment as outlined below.