Liftgate & Tailgate Components
Removal & Installation
- Remove the liftgate trim panels.
- Disconnect the liftgate lamp harness connector.
- Peel back the liftgate latch watershield.
- Disconnect the liftgate to outside handle latch rod.
- Remove the screws attaching the latch to the liftgate and remove the latch.
- Reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the screws to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Lift and hold the tailgate latch release handle.
- Using a trim stick, pry the bottom of the escutcheon outward to disengage the clips.
- Rotate the escutcheon upward to disengage the clip above the release handle.
- Push the escutcheon downward from behind to clear handle.
- Open the tailgate.
- Disengage the linkage rod from the latch handle.
- Remove the screws attaching the latch to the tailgate.
- Separate the latch from the tailgate.
- Pull the latch and linkage rod from the tailgate.
- Position the latch and linkage rod in the tailgate.
- Install upper screw attaching latch to tailgate.
- Install lower screw attaching check cable and latch to tailgate.
- Engage the linkage rod to the latch handle.
- Install the escutcheon.