Drain & Refill
- Oil should be drained hot to ensure thorough purge of old oil and foreign matter.
- Position the truck on a level surface.
- Place a pan of sufficient capacity under the transmission and remove the upper (fill) plug to provide a vent opening.
- Remove the lower (drain) plug and allow all of the fluid to drain from the transmission.
- Reinstall the drain plug.
- Pump in sufficient lubricant to bring the level to the bottom of the filler plug opening.
Fluid Level Check
The fluid level should be checked every 6 months or 6,000 miles (9500 km), whichever comes first.
- Park the truck on a level surface, turn the engine off, apply the parking brake and block the wheels.
- Remove the filler plug from the side of the transmission case with a proper size wrench. The fluid level should be even with the bottom of the filler hole.
- If additional fluid is necessary, add it through the filler hole using a siphon pump or squeeze bottle.
- Install the filler plug. Do NOT overtighten.
Mopar® AX 15: