Fluid Level Check
- Level is checked with the engine OFF. Check fluid level with reference to the dipstick marks. Most are marked "FULL HOT" and "FULL COLD". Take system temperature into account.
- Clean the area around the power steering pump cap with a clean rag.
- Unscrew the cap and wipe off the dipstick.
- Reinsert the dipstick, screwing the cap all the way in. Remove and check level.
- Top up if needed, adding a little fluid at a time. Use fresh, clean power steering fluid only.
If it is necessary to add fluid, use Mopar® power steering fluid or its equivalent.