Diagnosis & Testing
Motors can be tested by disconnecting the wiring at the connector and applying 12 volts across the motor connector. The window should move up and down smoothly and powerfully. Replace the motor/regulator assembly if operation is faulty.
Removal & Installation
Glass & Regulator
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the water dam.
- Remove the inner door belt weatherstrip.
- Raise or lower the window to access holes in the inner door panel.
- Loosen the bolts attaching the front lower run channel to the inner door panel.
- Remove the nuts attaching the door glass to the lift plate.
- Separate the glass from the lift plate.
- Lift the glass upward and out of the opening at the top of the door.
- Disengage the power window motor wire connector from the door harness, if equipped.
- Remove the bolts attaching the window regulator to the inner door panel.
- Remove the window regulator through the hole in the inner door panel.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the nuts attaching the glass to the lift plate to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm).
Power window motors are integrated with the window regulators. A motor failure involves replacing the entire assembly.