- Place the wheels in the straight-ahead position.
- Disconnect the fluid hoses from the steering gear and cap the lines.
- Remove the coupler pinch bolt and slide the shaft off the gear.
- Matchmark the pitman shaft and arm and remove the arm.
- Remove the steering gear fasteners and remove the gear.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
The use of new mounting hardware is recommended. Alternately, use a medium strength thread-locking compound on the mounting hardware.
- Be sure to tighten all hardware to the proper specification.
- After adding fluid, carry out the power steering pump "Initial Operation" procedure.