This procedure requires the use of factory fuel pressure gauge tool set No. 5069, or equivalent. It relieves pressure through the pressure test port.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly, if needed for access.
- Remove the protective cap from the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Remove the gauge from the fuel pressure gauge tool set and place the gauge end of the hose into a suitable container. Screw the other end of the hose onto the fuel pressure test port and relieve the fuel pressure by venting the pressure out the hose.
- Remove the gauge tool set hose.
- Install a protective cap on fuel pressure test port.
- Install removed components after servicing the fuel system.