Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in an accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Reach under the instrument panel near the blower motor and disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor resistor.
- Remove the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor to the HVAC housing.
Remove the blower motor resistor from the HVAC housing.
- Position the blower motor resistor into the opening of the HVAC housing near the blower motor.
- Install the two screws (1) that secure the blower motor resistor to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 10 inch lbs. (1.1 Nm).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor resistor.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.