Removal & Installation
The hydraulic linkage has a quick disconnect at the slave cylinder. This fitting should never be disconnected or tampered with. Once the hydraulic line is connected to the slave cylinder, it should never be disconnected.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove nuts attaching slave cylinder to studs on clutch housing .
- Remove heat shield over hydraulic line.
- Remove slave cylinder from clutch housing.
- Remove the plastic clip securing the hydraulic line to the dash panel from the lower dash panel flange.
- Remove the plastic clip securing hydraulic line to the dash panel from the upper dash panel stud.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Disconnect clutch pedal interlock switch connector.
- Remove clutch master cylinder rod pin.
- Verify that cap on clutch master cylinder reservoir is tight. This will avoid spillage during removal.
- Remove clutch master cylinder nuts holding cylinder to the dash panel.
Remove clutch cylinders, reservoir and connecting lines from vehicle.
- Position cylinders and connecting line in vehicle engine compartment. Position the clutch hydraulic line against the dash panel and behind all engine hoses and wiring.
- Apply a light coating of grease to the inside diameter of the master cylinder push rod eye.
- Install clutch master cylinder on dash panel and tighten clutch master cylinder nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install clutch master cylinder push rod pin.
- Connect clutch pedal position interlock switch connector.
- Install the plastic clip securing hydraulic line to the dash panel into the lower dash panel flange.
- Install the plastic clip securing hydraulic line to the dash panel onto the upper dash panel stud.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Install slave cylinder and verify cylinder rod is properly seated in release lever.
- Install and tighten slave cylinder nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- If new clutch linkage is being installed, connect the clutch hydraulic line to the clutch slave cylinder.
- Install heat shield over hydraulic line.
- Operate the linkage several times to verify proper operation.