Removal & Installation
5.9L & 6.7L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cables
- Using a gear puller, remove the drive gear and leave it hanging within the timing gear cover.
Remove 3 pump mounting nuts and remove the pump.
- Install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil into the machined groove at the pump mounting area.
- Install the pump to the mounting flange on the gear housing while aligning the pump shaft through the back of the pump gear.
- Install the 3 pump mounting nuts and finger-tighten.
- Install the shaft washer and nut and tighten by hand.
- Tighten the pump mounting nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Tighten the pump shaft nut to 77 ft. lbs. (105 Nm).
- Install the drive gear cover and tighten to 71 INCH lbs. (8 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Bleed air from the system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.