The Dual Mass Flywheel is used on the diesel engines with G56 transmission. The Dual Mass Flywheel is serviced as an assembly only and should never be taken apart.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section
- Remove transmission assembly from the vehicle.
- Loosen pressure plate bolts evenly, a few threads at a time and in a diagonal pattern to prevent warping the plate.
- Remove bolts completely and remove pressure plate and disc.
Remove flywheel bolts and remove flywheel.
NOTEVehicles with Dual Mass Flywheel use an adapter plate between the flywheel and crank. This plate does not need to be removed.
- Install flywheel on the crankshaft or adapter plate if vehicle has Dual Mass flywheel.
- Install flywheel bolts and tighten evenly in sequence to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm). Vehicles with Dual Mass Flywheel, tighten adapter plate bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install clutch.
- Install transmission.