Removal & Installation
9.25 in. AA
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove hub bearings and axle shafts.
- Remove differential from differential housing .
Remove differential bearing adjusters.
- Remove axle seals located behind adjusters with receiver 8498 and extractor 6310.
- Install receiver 8498 (1) into the adjuster bore.
Install extractor rod 6310 with extractor foot 6310-9 (2) through the receiver and axle seal.
- Install extractor plate 6310-2 and nut 6310-7 (2) on the extractor rod (1).
Tighten nut (2) on extractor rod (1) to pull seal into the receiver.
- Remove and discard seal.
Install axle seal on Installer Cups 8885-2 (1) (3) and position cups with seals into the housing.
NOTESeals are installed with the axle guide facing outward.
Install Turnbuckle 8885-1(2) into installer cups and expand the turnbuckle until the seals bottom out in the housing.