Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove half shaft from disconnect side of the axle.
- Remove O-ring and snap ring from output shaft.
Remove disconnect seal bolts.
Remove output shaft and disconnect seal with remove 8420A and slide hammer C-3752.
- Remove disconnect seal from output shaft.
- Verify output shaft bearing cup is seated in disconnect pocket.
Install output shaft in disconnect pocket.
- Install disconnect seal on output shaft.
- Align disconnect seal with bolt holes in disconnect pocket with Pins MD 998412.
Install disconnect seal (1) in disconnect pocket with Installer 6761 (2) and a hammer.
- Install disconnect seal bolts and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install output shaft O-ring and snap ring.
- Install half shaft.
- Verify differential fluid level and add fluid if necessary.