Removal & Installation
The actuator is a motor driven unit that engages and disengages the disconnecting stabilizer bar. This system allows greater front suspension travel in off-road situations. It consists of a disconnecting unit, electronic actuator and stabilizer bar.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Raise and support the vehicle.
NOTEBefore removing the connector from the actuator clean the outside of the connector with a cleaner and compressed air, to remove any dirt or debris.
- Disconnect the electronic actuator electrical connector for the disconnecting stabilizer bar.
- Remove the 3 actuator bolts then remove the actuator.
- Install the actuator to the disconnecting unit. Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Reconnect the electronic actuator electrical connector for the disconnecting stabilizer bar.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Using a scan tool program the new stabilizer bar to the vehicle.