Removal & Installation
Independent Front Suspension
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTETo service the stabilizer bar the vehicle should be on a drive on hoist. The vehicle suspension must be at curb height for stabilizer bar installation.
- Remove the stabilizer bar link upper nuts and remove the retainers and grommets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar mounting bolts and discard the mounting bolts.
- Remove the retainers from the frame crossmember and remove the bar.
- If necessary, remove the bushings from the stabilizer bar, Do not cut the old bushings off the stabilizer bar use a mixture of soapy water in order to aid in sliding the bushing off.
If the bushings were removed, Clean the bar and install the bushings on the stabilizer bar using a mixture of soapy water or equivalent in order to slide the bushing over the bar with ease. Do not cut the new bushing for installation.
NOTEInstall new mounting bolts Do not reuse old bolts.
- Position the stabilizer bar on the frame crossmember brackets and install the bracket bolts finger-tight.
- Check the alignment of the bar to ensure there is no interference with the either frame rail or chassis component. Spacing should be equal on both sides.
- Install the stabilizer bar to the stabilizer link and install the grommets and retainers.
- Install the nuts to the stabilizer link and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Tighten the brackets to the frame to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Hold the stabilizer link shafts with a wrench and remove the link nuts at the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the retainers and grommets from the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the stabilizer bar clamps from the frame rails and remove the stabilizer bar.
- Position the stabilizer bar on the frame rail and install the clamps and bolts. Ensure the bar is centered with equal spacing on both sides.
- Tighten the clamp bolts to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Install links, retainers, grommets and nuts to the stabilizer bar. Hold the link shaft with a wrench and tighten the nuts to 27 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle