Removal & Installation
The fuel system may be under a constant pressure (even with the engine off). Before servicing the fuel pump module, the fuel system pressure must be released.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain and remove fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Removal/Installation.
- Remove plastic fuel pump module cover by pushing pegs outward.
- Note rotational position of module before attempting removal. An indexing arrow is located on top of module for this purpose.
- Position special tool 9340 into notches on outside edge of lockring.
- Install 1 / 2 inch drive breaker bar to tool 9340.
- Rotate breaker bar counter-clockwise to remove lockring.
- Remove lockring. The module will spring up slightly when lockring is removed.
Remove module from fuel tank. Be careful not to bend float arm while removing.