Removal & Installation
The ignition key must be in the key cylinder for cylinder removal. The key cylinder must be removed first before removing ignition switch.
- Remove the negative cable(s) from the battery.
- Disable the airbag.
- Remove the knee blocker and steering column reinforcement panel.
- Remove the lower and upper shrouds.
- Remove key cylinder as follows:
- Remove the tilt lever release knob bracket. (if equipped).
- Disconnect the electrical connector at rear of ignition switch.
- Remove ignition switch mounting screws.
Using a small screwdriver, push on locking tab and remove switch from steering column.
- Before installing ignition switch, rotate the slot in the switch to the ON position.
- Position switch to column and install the mounting screws. Tighten screw to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to rear of the ignition switch. Make sure that locking tabs are fully seated into wiring connector.
- Install the tilt lever release bracket mounting screws. Tighten screws to 40 in. lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Install the key cylinder.
- Install steering column upper and lower shrouds.
- Install the steering column reinforcement and knee blocker.
- Enable the airbag system.