Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
- Compress the caliper.
Remove caliper slide bolts.
WARNINGDo not allow brake hose to support caliper assembly.
Remove the rear brake caliper.
- Install caliper to the caliper adapter.
- Coat the caliper mounting slide pin bolts with silicone grease. Then install and tighten the bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Install the brake hose to the caliper with new seal washers and tighten banjo bolt to 245 inch lbs. (27 Nm).
WARNINGVerify brake hose is not twisted or kinked before tightening fitting bolt.
- Remove the prop rod from the brake pedal.
Bleed the area of repair for the brake system.
NOTEIf a proper pedal is not felt during bleeding an area of repair then a base bleed system must be performed.
- Install the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Verify a firm pedal before moving the vehicle.