Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the axle with a suitable holding fixture.
- Remove the nuts, spring clamp bolts and the plate that attach the spring to the axle.
- Remove the nuts and bolts from the spring front and rear shackle.
- Remove the spring from the vehicle.
- Position spring on axle shaft tube so spring center bolt is inserted into the locating hole in the axle tube.
- Align the front of the spring with the bolt hole in the front bracket. Install the eye pivot bolt and nut.
- Align the rear of the spring into the shackle and install the bolt and nut.
- Tighten the spring front and rear eye pivot bolt snug, Do not torque.
- Install the spring clamp bolts, plate and the retaining nuts.
- Remove the holding fixture for the rear axle.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle so that the weight is being supported by the tires.
- Tighten the spring clamp retaining nuts to 110 ft. lbs. (149 Nm).
- Tighten the spring front and rear pivot bolt nuts to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm) for light duty or 170 ft. lbs. (230 Nm) for heavy duty models.