The starter relay is located in the Power Distribution Center (PDC). Refer to label on PDC cover for relay location.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
- Remove the cover from the Power Distribution Center (PDC) for relay identification and location.
- Remove starter relay from PDC.
Check condition of relay terminals and PDC connector terminals for damage or corrosion. Repair if necessary before installing relay.
- Check for pin height (pin height should be the same for all terminals within the PDC connector). Repair if necessary before installing relay.
- Push down firmly on starter relay until terminals are fully seated into PDC receptacle.
- Install PDC cover.
- Connect battery cable.
The starter relay is located within the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) and is not serviceable.
The TIPM is located in the engine compartment, next to the battery and connects directly to the B+ cable via a stud located on top of the unit.