Removal & Installation
The washer pump/motor unit can be removed from the washer reservoir without removing the reservoir from the vehicle.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the barbed outlet nipple of the washer pump/motor unit and allow the washer fluid to drain into a clean container for reuse.
- Disconnect the right headlamp and dash wire harness connector from the washer pump/motor unit connector receptacle.
- Firmly grasp the top of the washer pump/motor housing.
- Pull lightly outward on the top of the washer pump/motor housing, away from the washer reservoir far enough to disengage the snap post on the top of the motor from the receptacle in the reservoir.
- Pull the washer pump/motor unit straight out from the washer reservoir far enough to disengage the barbed pump inlet nipple from the rubber grommet seal in the reservoir.
- Remove the washer pump/motor unit from behind the washer reservoir.
Remove the rubber grommet seal from the washer pump mounting hole in the reservoir and discard.
- Install a new rubber grommet seal into the washer pump mounting hole in the washer reservoir. Always use a new rubber grommet seal on the reservoir
- Position the barbed inlet nipple of the washer pump to the rubber grommet seal in the reservoir.
- Using hand pressure, press firmly and evenly on the washer pump/motor unit until the barbed inlet nipple is fully seated in the rubber grommet seal in the pump mounting hole of the reservoir.
- Align the snap post on the top of the pump motor housing with the snap post receptacle in the washer reservoir.
- Using hand pressure, press firmly and evenly on the top of washer pump/motor unit until the snap post snaps into the receptacle.
- Reconnect the reservoir washer hose to the barbed pump outlet nipple.
- Reconnect the right headlamp and dash wire harness connector to the washer pump/motor unit connector receptacle.
- Refill the washer reservoir with the washer fluid drained from the reservoir during the removal procedure.
- Reconnect the battery negative cable(s).