Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Lift the wiper arm to its over-center position to hold the wiper blade off of the glass and relieve the spring tension on the wiper arm to wiper pivot shaft connection.
- Pull the latch (2) on the pivot end (1) of the wiper arm outward.
Using a slight rocking action, disengage and remove the wiper arm pivot end from the wiper pivot shaft.
- Remove both wiper arms from the wiper pivots.
- Unlatch and open the hood.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable(s).
- Disconnect the cowl plenum washer hose from the washer supply hose at the molded plastic in-line fitting
- Remove the cowl weather seal from the front of the dash panel and the cowl grille.
- Remove the six push pin fasteners that secure the front of the cowl grille to the dash panel.
- Remove the two screws that secure the rear corners of the cowl grille to the dash panel and remove the grille.
If necessary, remove the washer nozzles and the cowl plenum washer hose from the cowl grille.
- Disconnect the left headlamp and dash wire harness connector from the wiper motor pigtail wire connector.
- Remove the two screws that secure the wiper module to the top of the cowl plenum panel at the pivot brackets.
- Remove the screw that secures the wiper module to the bottom of the cowl plenum panel.
Remove the wiper module from the cowl plenum panel as a unit.
NOTEThe wiper module cannot be adjusted or repaired. If any component of the module is ineffective or damaged, the entire wiper module unit must be replaced
- Position the wiper module into the cowl plenum as a unit.
- Install the two screws that secure the wiper module to the top of the cowl plenum panel at the pivot brackets. Tighten the screw on the driver side, followed by the screw on the passenger side. Tighten the screws to 75 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install and tighten the screw that secures the wiper module to the bottom of the cowl plenum panel. Tighten the screw to 75 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Reconnect the left headlamp and dash wire harness connector (7) to the wiper motor pigtail wire connector.
- Reinstall the cowl plenum cover/grille panel over the cowl plenum.
- Reconnect the battery negative cable.
- Close and latch the hood.
- Reinstall both wiper arms onto the wiper pivots.