- Verify the concern.
Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical and electrical damage to the following:
Brake fluid level
Check ABS fuses:
- Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuses 20 (10A) and 32 (5A)
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuses 17 (40A) and 33 (30A)
- If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
If the cause is not visually evident, connect the scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC).
NOTEMake sure to use the latest scan tool software release.
- Scan for DTC and record.
- Clear the continuous DTCs and carry out the self-test diagnostics for the ABS module.
- If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Chart.