- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disarm the air bag system.
Open the glove compartment to access the passenger air bag module bolts.
- Disconnect the passenger air bag module electrical connector
- Remove the two passenger air bag retaining bolts.
- Disconnect the passenger air bag module electrical connector.
Placing one hand in the glove compartment, push the passenger air bag module out and remove it.
WARNINGDo not handle the passenger air bag module by grabbing the edges of the deployment doors.
Remove the defroster opening grill.
- Detach and position the RH demister hose aside.
- On vehicles with anti-theft/keyless entry, remove the screws and position the anti-theft/keyless entry module aside.
- Working through the opening near the RH defroster nozzle, remove the screw.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the screws and the temperature blend door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the air bag module bolts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).