Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEIf the clutch disc and pressure plate are to be reinstalled, bolts must be removed evenly or permanent damage to the diaphragm spring will occur resulting in complete clutch release.
NOTEIf the parts are to be reused, index-mark the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel.
Negative battery cable
Bolts, clutch pressure plate and the clutch disc.
- Lubricate the transmission input shaft pilot bearing with front axle grease.
- Using a suitable press, press downward on the pressure plate fingers until the adjusting ring moves freely.
- Rotate the adjusting ring counterclockwise to compress the tension springs. Hold the adjusting ring in this position.
- Release the pressure on the fingers. The adjusting ring will stay in the reset position.
Position the clutch disc on the flywheel.
NOTEIf reusing the clutch pressure plate and flywheel, align the marks made during removal.
Align the clutch disc and the clutch pressure plate. Install the bolts and tighten in a star pattern sequence to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm)
Install the transmission.