Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Clean the area around the quick disconnect hydraulic line coupling.
Disconnect the hydraulic line from the clutch slave cylinder using a removal tool.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the two screws and the lower steering column finish panel.
- Remove the five bolts and the lower reinforcement panel.
- Disconnect the Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) switch electrical connector.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder rod from the clutch pedal arm.
- Remove the CPP switch.
Rotate and remove the CPP switch from the clutch master cylinder rod.
- Remove the reservoir.
- Remove the three pushpins, four bolts, four screws and the inner fender splash shield.
- Unclip the hydraulic line-to-frame retainer.
- Unlock and remove the clutch master cylinder assembly.
- Twist the clutch master cylinder counterclockwise 45 degrees to unlock it from the support bracket.
- Remove the reservoir, the hydraulic line and the clutch master cylinder as an assembly.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Install a new push rod retainer. Depress and release the clutch pedal 15 strokes.