Diagnosis & Testing
Visually inspect the following for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage:
- Check for voltage and ground at switch.
- Check for power and ground at motor if power and ground are present, suspect motor failure.
- Position the exterior mirror glass in the full inboard position and locate the notch at the bottom of the exterior mirror glass.
- Insert a long flat-blade screwdriver in the notch.
- Push the screwdriver into the notch and gently turn until the 2 outboard glass backing plate hooks are released from the mirror motor.
- Using your fingers, carefully release the 2 inboard glass backing plate hooks from the mirror motor.
If equipped, disconnect the electrical connectors from the exterior mirror glass.
- Remove the screws and position aside the exterior mirror motor.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the exterior mirror motor.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front door trim finish panel screws
- Separate the front door trim finish panel from the front door trim panel.
- Disconnect the power mirror switch electrical connector.
- Remove mirror switch.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.