Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Clean the area around the fuel pump mounting flange.
Using the special tool, remove the fuel tank pump assembly locking retainer ring.
WARNINGThe fuel pump assembly must be removed and handled carefully to avoid damage to the float arm and filter.
- Remove the fuel pump assembly.
Remove and discard the fuel pump mounting gasket.
- Clean the fuel pump mounting flange and the fuel tank mounting surface.
- Install a new fuel pump mounting gasket.
- Install the fuel pump and sender assembly with the float toward the rear of the tank. Align the arrows molded into the tank and flange.
- Install the locking ring while compressing the pump assembly into the tank.
- Using the special tool, tighten the fuel pump assembly locking ring retainer ring until it locks in place.
- Install the fuel tank.