Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the bolts and position the hood latch release handle aside.
- Remove the screws and the lower instrument panel steering column cover.
- Remove the instrument panel steering column opening cover reinforcement bolts and the reinforcement panel.
Disconnect the ignition switch electrical connector.
NOTEThe ignition switch should be in the OFF position.
Remove the ignition switch screws and the ignition switch.
To install, reverse the removal procedure and note the following:
Tighten ignition switch screws to 53 inch. lbs. (6 Nm).