A/C Performance Check
- Place the vehicle in the shade with the hood open and windows down in an enclosed shop area to minimize wind gust and sunload. Make sure the right front footwell is free of obstruction.
- With the engine running at idle, select MAX A/C (RECIRC) and set the temperature control to full cool with the blower speed set to medium (Position 2).
- Measure the ambient temperature and humidity adjacent to the passenger side mirror, at approximately evaporator core height.
- With all vents opened, place a thermometer in the left center register and allow the temperature to stabilize for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Record 5 vent temperature readings at the center register within 5 minutes.
Calculate the Average Center Vent Temperature.
- Add the 5 recorded vent temperature readings to obtain the sum.
- Divide the sum of the vent temperature readings by 5 to obtain the Average Center Vent Temperature.
Compare the Average Center Vent Temperature to the A/C performance chart for the ambient conditions at the time of testing.
If the Average Center Vent Temperature is less than the temperature in the A/C performance chart, no further diagnosis is required