Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Set the mode select switch to the 4x4 HIGH position.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Disconnect the transfer case shift motor connector.
- Remove the bracket bolt and the transfer case shift motor bolts, then remove the transfer case shift motor.
- Remove the grease from the motor adapter and check for any nicks or burrs. If any damage is found, repair or install a new transfer case shift motor as necessary.
To install, reverse the removal procedure and tighten shift motor mounting bolts to 89 inch. lbs. (10 Nm).