REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Carefully raise the lock tab of the pinion flange mounting nut with a hammer and chisel.
- Hold the pinion flange and remove the pinion flange mounting nut.
Do not use an impact wrench to remove the nut.
- Remove the spring washer, back-up ring and O-ring.
- Remove the pinion flange.
- Remove the oil seal.
- Install the pinion flange seal squarely into the differential housing, then coat the lip of the seal with a thin coating of light petroleum grease.
- Install the pinion flange.
- Install a new O-ring coated with ATF.
- Install the back-up ring.
- Install the disc spring washer with the raise portion facing out.
- Install a new locknut and tighten to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm).
- Top off the differential with Honda CVT Fluid. ATF Dexron II can be substituted temporarily.