REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the differential fluid.
- Matchmark the driveshaft flange and differential flange and remove the driveshaft from the differential.
- Remove the rear differential damper.
- Support the differential assembly with a suitable jack and remove the left and right support brackets.
- Remove the breather tube from the fitting near the crossmember mount.
- Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry out the inner CV-joint assemblies enough to release the locking rings from the differential.
- Remove the upper support bracket bolts and washers.
- Carefully lower the jack supporting the differential assembly enough to remove the CV-joints from the differential.
- Remove the differential mounting bracket.
See Figure 1
Installation is the reverse of removal, observing the following points and specifications:
Thinly coat the differential oil seal lips with a light petroleum grease before installing the axles.
Tighten the fasteners to the following specifications:
Differential damper bolts: 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm)
See Figures 2 and 3