REMOVAL & INSTALLATION CRV models
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove rear wheels.
- Remove the side access panel in the rear cargo area.
- Remove the flange bolts through the access panel.
- Remove the strut assembly flange through bolt from the lower control arm.
- Carefully lower the rear strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Place the strut assembly in a suitable vise and using a suitable spring compressor, compress the spring.
- Use a 5mm hex key to hold the strut dampening rod and remove the self-locking nut.
- Remove the washer, rubber busing collar, mounting base, mounting bushing, and spring mounting rubber.
- Remove the spring.
See Figures 1 through 6
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
Install a new strut damper rod self-locking nut and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
The strut assembly cannot be overhauled. If worn or damaged, it must be replaced.