LeCar, R-12, R-15, R-17 and Gordini
- Remove the shift lever boot.
- Place the transaxle in 3rd gear.
- Press the lever over towards the 1st-2nd gear position.
- Using the slots cut in the stop plate, visually check the clearance between the end of the lever and the stop plate. Clearance should be 1 / 8 inch for the LeCar, 13 / 64 - 1 / 4 inch for the R-12, R-15, R-17 and Gordini. Adjustment is made by placing washers between the stop plate and floor panel.
- Place the transaxle in Neutral.
- Unlock the shift linkage yoke nut so that the linkage can turn freely.
- Place the case shift lever against the 3-4 shift point.
- Place a shim (2mm for the 4-speed and 10mm for the 5-speed) between the endpiece of the linkage and the surface of the case. Tighten the yoke nut.