The diagnostic connector is used to perform the following operations:
- Checking the primary ignition circuit
- Setting the ignition timing
- Checking the centrifugal and vacuum advance.
- Setting the engine speed
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the diagnostic connector. Do not remove the support plate.
- Disconnect the wiring, tagging all wires for easy identification.
- Unscrew the sensor attaching bolt and remove the sensor.
- Unscrew the support plate, taking care not to bend it when removing.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.