The sensor must be between 0.5-1 mm (0.020-0.039 in.) from the flywheel. When installing a new sensor, simply bring the three pegs on the sensor into light contact with the flywheel and tighten the screws. If a used sensor is being installed and the pegs are worn, it will be necessary to measure the sensor-to-flywheel gap before tightening the screws.
- Disconnect the TDC sensor wire from the Ignition Control Module (ICM).
- Connect an ohmmeter to terminals A and B (B-A and B-B in diagram).
- The resistance should read 150-50 for room temperature or 200-75 for a hot sensor. If not, replace the sensor.
- Connect the ohmmeter to terminals B anc C (B-B and B-C in diagram).
- The resistance should read infinite. If not, replace the sensor.
- Connect the ohmmeter to terminals A and C.
- The resistance should read infinite. If not replace the sensor.