REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove any hoses or cables interfering with cover removal.
- Remove the cover hold-down bolts and carefully lift off the cover. The cover may stick. If it does, do not pry it off! Gently tap around the cover with a rubber mallet to break it free.
- Clean the gasket surfaces after removing and discarding the old gasket. No trace of old gasket material should remain.
- Coat the gasket surfaces with a non-hardening gasket sealer and install the cover using the new gasket. Never reuse an old gasket.
- Tighten the cover bolts to 3-5 ft. lbs.