REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.2 Liter OHC Engines
- Follow steps 1-9 of Cylinder Head Removal & Installation, omitting Step 5.
- For installation, position the camshaft sprocket timing mark in line with the static timing mark as shown in the illustration.
- Position the crankshaft so that #1 piston is at TDC on the compression stroke as shown in the illustration.
- Install the timing belt on the sprockets.
- Tighten the tensioner.
- Place the timing belt cover in position and make sure that the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket indexes with the cover notch.
- Remove the cover and rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions clockwise.
- Loosen the tensioner bolts 1 / 4 turn, maximum.
- The tensioner should automatically adjust the belt to the proper tension.
- Tighten the bottom tensioner bolt first, then the top, to 18 ft. lbs.
- Timing belt deflection, mid-point along it longest straight run, should be 7mm.
- Install the cover and make sure the belt doesn't rub.