REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the air cleaner-to-turbocharger inlet air hose.
- Remove the aluminum turbocharger outlet-to-intercooler air duct.
- Remove the brake master cylinder and hot water pipe heat shields.
- Label and disconnect any water hoses and vacuum lines from the turbocharger.
- Remove the oxygen sensor and unbolt the catalytic converter from the turbocharger.
- Remove the upper retainers from the converter heat shield.
- Disconnect the turbocharger oil inlet and outlet lines, and the EGR pipe. Also loosen the EGR pipe retainer at the front of the engine.
- Unbolt the turbocharger from the support bracket at the lower clamp.
- Remove the exhaust manifold and turbocharger as an assembly.
- Separate the exhaust manifold from the turbocharger.
- Assemble the turbocharger to the exhaust manifold; ensure that all mating surfaces are clean and properly aligned.
- It is recommended that you use new self-locking fasteners to attach the exhaust manifold to the turbocharger. Tighten the fasteners to 33 ft. lbs.
- The rest of the installation is the reverse of removal. Use new gaskets on all exhaust connections, and on the oil inlet and outlet lines. Tighten the turbocharger-to-catalytic converter bolts to 22 ft. lbs.