REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The guides are replaceable. However, a press is needed for this job.
- Press the old guide out from the top side of the head.
- Check the guide to see if it is original equipment or an oversize replacement. The outside diameter of the replacement guide must be one size larger than the one it is replacing. Oversize guides are available in two sizes and are identified by grooves cut in the outside diameter. Use the accompanying chart to determine the oversize guide that you need:
- Ream the valve guide hole in the head to accept the new guide.
- Press the new guide into place. Check the distance between the valve seat and the end of the guide.
- Ream the guide bore to the proper ID as shown in the Valve Specifications Chart.