REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Allow ample time for the exhaust system to cool down. Saturate all bolts, nuts and clamps with a penetrating spray and allow 5 minutes to soak in.
- Remove the clamps at the converter and the muffler.
- If possible, heat the rear exhaust pipe joints until cherry red. Otherwise, using a flat chisel, pry between the joints to loosen the pipe.
- Twist the rear pipe back and forth to disengage it from the muffler and the converter.
- Disconnect the muffler hanger and lower the front of the muffler.
- Connect the rear pipe to the muffler, then to the converter.
- Reinstall the muffler hanger.
- Align the pipe so that it will not rub or bump into any undercar components.
- Install the clamps and tighten them to secure the rear pipe.