REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure is generic and covers all models. However, some vehicles have dealer installed options or mid-year changes that affect bumper mounting. Where differences are known, notes will be given. These steps may need to be modified, depending on your model.
- Remove the attaching bolts on the sides of the bumper. Alliance and Encore models also have side support bolts which are accessed from under the vehicle bumper.
Some vehicles have a lower fascia which must be unbolted from the engine cradle.
- If necessary, remove the parking light assemblies which are attached to the bumper and the grille.
- On LeCar models, remove the two bolts from the bumper face, and remove the bumper. If no bolts are present, then the bumper is retained by cables. Lift the front end of the vehicle and safely support it on jackstands. Unbolt the cable ends from the body, then pull the bumper and cables out from the vehicle.
- Remove the bolts below the grille and remove the bumper.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.