REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the air intake chamber, if necessary. This is usually necessary on the Alliance.
- Disconnect the fuel hoses and wires at the injectors. On the 18i the hoses have to be cut away from the injectors and replaced.
- Unbolt and remove the injector ramps. Clean the area around the injector thoroughly.
- Pull the injectors from the head. Check the O-ring on the injector. It's best to replace it if at all questionable.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
To test the injectors, simply unplug the electrical connector at each injector, in turn, with the engine running. A loss of engine rpm should be noted each time an injector is disconnected.