This adjustment is necessary only on a new switch. A special tool is needed for this procedure.
- Remove the throttle body from the engine.
- Loosen the retaining screws securing the WOT switch to the throttle body.
- Open the throttle completely.
- Attach tool J-26701, or its equivalent, to the top, flat surface of the throttle lever.
- Rotate the degree scale on the tool until the 15° mark is aligned with the pointer. Adjust the bubble until it is centered.
- Rotate the degree scale until 0 is aligned with the pointer.
- Close the throttle slightly to center the bubble. The throttle is now at the 15° before WOT position.
- Position the WOT switch lever on the throttle cam so that the switch plunger is closed, just barely, at the 15° before WOT position.
- Tighten the WOT switch retaining screws.
- Remove the tool.