REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Except LeCar, Alliance and Encore
- Position the vehicle on a hoist or on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels and the lower mountings on the shock absorbers. Push the shock absorbers upward as far as possible.
- Remove the flexible brake lines from the limiter.
- Pull downward on the rear axle to remove the springs.
- Remove the two side arm nuts on the chassis side and remove the two bolts.
- Disconnect the parking brake cables at the adjusters, and remove them from the retaining bracket.
- Place a jack under the rear axle assembly.
- Disconnect the brake limiter valve.
- Remove the two center arm bolts and remove the rear axle assembly.
The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. With the components in place and tightened correctly, place the vehicle back on its wheels.
- Check the brake limiter valve adjustment.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Adjust the parking brake.
- With the weight of the vehicle on the rear suspension, retighten all bolts as required. Tighten the center arm bolts to 59 ft. lb. and the side arm bolts to 25-30 ft. lb.