REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Except LeCar, Alliance and Encore
- Place the vehicle on a lift and disconnect the two parking brake cables.
- Remove the arm retaining nuts front and rear.
- Drive the bolts from the arms and remove the arm stabilizer assembly. The bushings must be pressed from and into the arm.
The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the bolts to 30 ft. lb.LeCar, Alliance and Encore
The rear suspension of the Le Car model is an individual torque arm type unit and each side is removed and replaced separately.
- Support the rear of the vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the sway bar and the shock absorber.
- Disconnect the flexible brake line and set the torsion bars to zero position by their adjusting cams.
- Assemble the special torsion bar removal tool in place of the shock absorber and tighten the tool until the adjusting lever lifts off the cam. Remove the torsion bar from both sides.
- Remove the two other mounting bolts and the three inner mounting bolts. Remove the arm.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the suspension-to-body bolts to 55 ft. lb.; the sway bar bolts to 37 ft. lb.; the shock bottom nut to 60 ft. lb. Be sure to bleed the brake system, check the limiter cut-off pressure and check the rear wheels for proper tracking.